Whidbey Island is a great antidote from the hustle and bustle of the big city life. From stunning wide-open beaches, scenic vistas, outdoor adventures, interesting history, great art, delicious food, and more, Whidbey is a great place to wander, drive around and stop at any site that inspires you. This vacationing spot of the Pacific Northwest provides some of the best experiences you can get out of life, which have been outlined here.
- Hiking and Biking: Whidbey Island has more than 100 miles of hiking and biking trails, and miles beautiful beaches to comb over and enjoy. You will get some of the best views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Olympic Mountains while hiking the Fort Ebey State Park. You can enjoy the unique ride through the Kettle Trails outside of Coupeville near Fort Ebey, at Putney Woods, on Lonelake road and around Saratoga Woods Preserve.
- Kayaking, Fishing and Swimming: Kayaking is a great way to get up close with the wilderness of the waters of Whidbey Island. During your kayak tour at Deception Pass State Park, Holmes Harbor, and Ala Spit, you may see Great Blue Heron, Bald Eagles, Cormorants, Harlequin Ducks, Harbor Seals, Dall’s Porpoise and more. There are lots of places for fishing, including Cama Beach State Park, Fort Ebey State Park and Camano Island State Park.
- Taking an Artwalk: Often referred to as Puget Sound’s Largest Artist’s Colony, Whidbey is home to numerous well-known painters, glass artists, artists, photographers, authors, and more. Go to South Whidbey Historical Museum, Island County Museum or art galleries to learn interesting things about Whidbey. You can even attend some of the famous festivals to know about Whidbey's fascinating art culture such as Coupeville Arts Festival and Choochokam Arts Festival.
- Wine Tasting: Whidbey Island is home family wineries and craft distilleries that offer critically acclaimed wines, award-winning liqueurs and craft beers. Wine lovers will surely enjoy tasting different wine varieties that are passionately created and diverse in taste. From exquisite Washington wine varieties to rare estate wines of the Puget Sound, tasting and enjoying a good drink will add amazing memories to your entire vacation experience.
- Zip-lining Tour: Experience a thrilling & exciting forest adventure just a short distance from Whidbey Island in the Camano Island’s Kristoferson farm. Thousands of visitors have soared through the Kristoferson canopy since Canopy Tours operation began here. Come to see this beautiful forest setting and enjoy your “breathtaking forest adventure.”
The Whidbey Island has magnificent scenery, amazing waters with forested shores, picturesque byways and fishing villages. The ideal way to enjoy all these fun activities in Whidbey Island during your vacation is to take Pacific Northwest private yacht charters. So, book your luxury yacht rental today and get ready to have unlimited fun in this magnificent charter destination!