Popular for its long day, cool temperature, Seattle and the Pacific Northwest lures tourist from across the world, and especially yachting enthusiasts, all throughout the year. There is so much to see and do in Seattle during the summer months aboard a private and luxurious Seattle yacht rental. The Seattle area is home to bustling art, culture, music and a crazy amount of dockside dining establishments.
There’s plenty of things to do and participate in, during sunny summer days in the beautiful city of Seattle. Whether it’s an afternoon of idle or watching the sunset, the deck of your own private yacht showcases stunning views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. There are other numerous thrilling summer activities happening around town as well.
1. TAKE A DAY TRIP TO BRAIN BRIDGE ISLAND – Escape the hustle and bustle of the city life & hop on a boat bound for Bainbridge Island. The ride to Bainbridge Island is a beautiful and scenic crossing from the downtown Seattle ferry dock. Upon arrival, take some time to explore Winslow. The quaint shops, museums, and eateries make for a memorable time. If your schedule allows, explore the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art which focuses on art from local artists and The Japanese American Exclusion Memorial. Before the day trip ends, do not forget to try a cup of what Seattle is famous for, coffee.
2. HEAD TO JETTY ISLAND FOR SOME SANDY FUN – Just a short drive from Seattle, lies two sandy miles of pristine rustic beach at Jetty Island. While exploring the island's sand and dirt trails as they meander through the marshland grasses, do not forget to curl your toes in the sand. This man-made island is home to few of the island's wildlife habitat such as waterfowl, juvenile salmon, bald eagles, and sea lions to name a few. For the bird enthusiasts out there, some 45 species of birds call Jetty Island their home and one can often spot eagles, herons, and ospreys high in the sky. Visitors can take a nature walk or learn how to spot sea creatures or attend tide talks.
3. HEAD OUT TO ONE OF SEATTLE'S BEST BEACHES – Seattle has some of the best beaches ranging from pristine and rustic beaches to pocket beaches and family-friendly sandy shores. The beaches include the Jetty Island, Discovery Park, Golden Gardens Park, Carkeek Park, Lincoln Park, Alki Beach Park, Madison Beach, Denny Blain Beach, Madrona Park Beach, Green Lake. At all of these picturesque beaches, the travelers can take in the mesmerizing views of nature or indulge in water sports activities. You can also opt for a leisurely stroll along the white sands. The beach plays hosts to a world of marine animals, gorgeous driftwood, and panoramic picture-perfect views.
4. GO GLAMPING ON ORCAS ISLAND – The word glamping is a combination of two words “Glamorous” and “Camping.” This is so because Washington boasts so many fantastic glampsites. For those looking for a real outdoor adventure, Moran State Park on the Orcas Island is the place to be. The freshwater lakes, over 30 miles of hiking trails, and 5 glamping sites to choose from, this place will surely knock your socks off!!
5. GO ON A ROAD TRIP – Every once and while we all need to go for a vacation for rejuvenation. Moreover, the most underrated form of vacationing in any destination is road tripping. And being in Seattle means that we are so close to some of the greatest places on the planet. So, the road trips you can take from Seattle include Vashon Island, WA. (Drive time: 58 minutes), Kitsap Peninsula, WA. (Drive time: 1 hour, 22 minutes), and Leavenworth, WA. (Drive time: 2 hours, 17 minutes). So there you have it, this will inspire you to get out there, get in the car, and have fun!
Just like a great friendship, a Seattle summer should never be taken for granted. So, with that thought in mind, plan your upcoming summer vacations in Seattle aboard a private Seattle yacht rental and make the most of this amazing Seattle summer.